Residence Permit Application for Foreign Citizens Working in Chengdu
|Updated: undefined AT,[CRE CLOSE|
Foreigners’ Application for Work-Type Residence Permit
Foreigners working in Chengdu
II. Legal Basis
Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China
Administrative Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Exit and Entry of Foreigners
III. Application Requirement
Foreigners holding Visa Z or other visas shall, after entry into China, apply for work-type residence permit
IV. Application Documents
1. Originals and copies of valid passport or other international travel document, visa, entry stamp;
2. Visa, Stay Permit and Residence Permit Application Form;
3. Accommodation Registration Form for Foreign Nationals;
4. One recently taken half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced two-inch photo;
5. Foreigners holding Visa Z shall submit Work Permit provided by local human resources & social security organs，Expert Certificate from departments in charge of foreign experts, or work approval letter from organs in charge of culture, sports or other local authorities concerned, as well as the proof letter of the host organization (The letter shall contain the brief introduction to the applicant and the host organization, the applicant’s position in the host organization, the planning period of residence of the applicant in China, the guarantee of the host organization for the expenses of the applicant during his/her residence in China and the guarantee for the applicant’s observation of laws and regulations of China).
6. Foreigners holding visas of other types shall also submit evidences of high-level talents or professionals in short supply in accordance with the conditions or requirements prescribed by Chinese authorities concerned; or submit relevant evidences prescribed by relevant documents of Chinese authorities concerned.
7. Foreigners applying for residence permit valid for more than one year shall produce health certificate.
8. Host organizations not registered or filed for annual inspection shall submit legal proof of registration to the local exit and entry administration authority of public security organ; host organizations registered and having filed for annual inspection shall submit proof of registration for annual inspection(see the Instructions of Registration and Record of Host Organizations);
9. Other documents required by the local exit/entry administrations of public security organs when necessary.
V. Duration of Residence
High-level talents or professionals in short supply may apply for residence permit valid within five years. Foreigners working in a host organization registered in the local exit and entry administration authority of public security organ with good records may apply for residence permit valid within two years. Other foreigners may apply for residence permit valid within one year. The exit/entry administrations of public security organs shall have the discretion to determine the appropriate duration of residence on the basis of the applicant’s situation.
VI. Entrusted Application
The application of visa, the extension and reissuance of residence permit as well as stay permit are accepted by exit and entry administration of public security organs, where the applicant is required to go through relevant formalities in person and at the same time, be interviewed. Under any of the following conditions, the application may be entrusted to host organizations or individuals, relatives of the applicant, or specialized agencies:
1. The applicant is under the age of 16 or at the age of 60 or above, or has mobility difficulties for illness or other reasons;
2. The applicant has been to China before and keeps a good record of stay or residence in China;
3. Provision of guarantee measures for the expenses required in China by the host organization or individual to the applicant.
When applying in exit and entry administration of public security organs, the foreigner is required to go through relevant formalities in person, while foreigners applying for residence permits as high level talents or talents in short supply, or under the circumstance prescribed in condition 1, may entrust application to their host organizations or individuals, relatives of the applicant, or specialized agencies.
VII. Application Procedure
Consult--Fill out forms--Get a queue number--Get accepted as a case--Get receipt of application document -- Print paying voucher--Pay the dues--Issue Residence Permit
VIII. Processing Time
Within 15 workdays
1. All relevant documents issued by overseas organizations shall have Chinese translation.
2. Applicants are required to be interviewed. Applicants who match entrusted conditions may entrust host organizations or individuals, relatives of the applicant, or specialized agencies to file the applications. But if applicants or relevant persons and organizations are notified to be interviewed by the local exit and entry administration authority of public security organ, the one who fail to be interviewed at an appointed time without valid cause, may result in rejection of the application.
3. When the registered item in a foreigner’s residence permit has changed, the holder shall, within 10 days from the date of change, apply to the local exit and entry administration of public security organ for going through the formalities for alteration with relevant documents.
4. Applicants with Chinese household registrations shall cancel their household registrations before filing application, and shall submit certificate of cancellation of household registration when so required.
5. Host organizations shall register at Chengdu Exit and Entry Service Center in accordance with the Instructions of Registration and Record of Host Organizations.
X. Laws & Regulations Tips
1. Foreigners residing in China who apply for the extension of the duration of residence shall file applications at least 30 days prior to the expiry of the validity period on their residence permits.
2. The applicants’ passports or other international travel documents are held by the exit/entry administration authorities can legally stay in China on the strength of acceptance receipts.
3. Entities or individuals that issue written invitations shall be liable for the fidelity of the contents.
4. Entities that employ foreigners shall report relevant information about foreigners’ quit, changing of working place, violation of laws and regulations on exit and entry administration, or death and disappearance to exit and entry administrations of the public security organs.
5. The exit/entry administrations of public security organs can verify the fidelity of the specific application matters by way of interview, telephone call or on-the-spot investigation. The applicant and entities or individuals that issue invitations and documents shall provide cooperation.
6. Decisions made by the exit and entry administration of public security organ on rejecting applications for visa extension or reissuance, or on not issuing foreigners’ stay or residence permits or not extending the duration of residence shall be final.
7. The visa-issuing authorities are not required to give reasons for refusing the issuance of a visa.